Associate General Counsel at IEX
IEX is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Chief Legal Officer and will act as a key resource and primary point of contact for our business teams. You should have experience handling corporate, securities, intellectual property, contract negotiation and employment law matters. Preferably, you should be familiar with electronic trading and marketplaces.
The right candidate will have a deep understanding of data protection and market data licensing, and an ability to provide strategic legal advice for all aspects related to the collection, usage and licensing of content and market data from many sources. Ability to guide the business and provide practical advice in a fast-pace environment. We are looking for a counsel who is collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and a clear communicator of legal advice. The successful candidate would be responsible for executing on a variety of projects, which include reviewing and negotiating complex commercial licensing and strategic contractual arrangements regarding data and software licenses, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, data vendor contracts and advising on intellectual property issues. Working closely with the business to determine efficient and consistent contracting processes as well as providing legal support to the development of financial technology products.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team delivering strategic legal advice to the exchange on market data policies, licensing agreements, exchange/vendor landscape and data licensing technologies.
- Build and maintain scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to the business to develop procedures related to market data licensing, data mapping, privacy, information security and data governance.
- Stay up to date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations related to cybersecurity, privacy, data governance, and other applicable areas.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including data licenses, software and intellectual property licenses, and other commercial licensing and complex commercial agreements.
- 5+ years of legal experience with expertise in one or more of: data governance (including data licensing, data mapping and data sourcing agreements), licensing of market data and vendor management.
- In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms with expertise in advising on licensing, intellectual property, data protection and privacy law, and project management.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to convert complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Ability and strong desire to effectively advise, develop relationships, and work collaboratively across stakeholders both within and outside of legal.
- Solution-oriented, risk awareness, business service focused, and maintains a growth mindset.
- Bar admission and in good standing to practice law in New York.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.