Associate Legal Counsel at AlphaSights (Greater NYC Area, NY)
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
We are looking for an exceptional lawyer based in New York to join our growing global Legal team. The Legal team is a dynamic external and internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. As Associate Legal Counsel, you will work closely with the Legal team in the US, Europe and Asia, as well as with our global Core Service, Client Protection (compliance), Procurement, Finance, Recruiting, HR and TechOps teams among others.
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Negotiate contracts with clients and suppliers;
- Work closely with the Core Service Team and our clients’ legal and compliance teams to ensure clients access knowledge safely;
- Navigate complex and novel legal issues;
- Deal with evolving areas of law including intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR and employment leveraging specialist internal and external counsel.
As Associate Legal Counsel, you will grow and develop in a high-growth commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy and independence in your day-to-day work and give you the opportunity to self-start, drive change, manage and lead. You will be encouraged and empowered to take initiative and have hands-on ownership of commercial legal matters for the organisation. This is an ideal role for someone who is keen to flex their legal muscle while having direct access to the organizational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high-performance team, have real impact and be part of AlphaSights’ growth story.
What We Look For
- Confidence and flexibility operating in a fast-paced and challenging global environment;
- A focus on execution, with an inner drive to push tasks forward to ensure timely and high quality delivery;
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team mindset with an ability to develop strong relationships and navigate challenges across the organisation;
- Leadership by example and an ability to manage and influence teams;
- Attention to detail and curiosity, with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and formulate a clear solution; and
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills.
What You’ll Need:
- JD from a US law school, BA/BS/LLB from a university in the UK or other relevant law degree;
- Attorney licensed to practice in New York or an English qualified solicitor, with at least 2 years’ experience at a firm or in house;
- Experience drafting and negotiating client-facing commercial contracts is a plus, with litigation and/or arbitration experience also being valuable;
- Experience dealing with regulatory and securities related matters and/or a corporate law background is a plus.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.#LI-JK2