Compliance Officer at Tipico
Tipico is expanding its operations in the US and we would like you to become a part of our success team.
We are Tipico, the biggest sports-betting operator in Germany and we have opened our first US office in Hoboken, NJ. Our goal is to amplify the emotions of millions of people experiencing sports every day. We are driven by our core values passion, progress and trust to secure the best possible product for our users.Job Description
Are you someone who is obsessed with policy, process and have great communication skills to deal with stakeholders and regulators? Do you enjoy handling the day to day regulatory compliance of federal and state legislation in relation to sports betting or other highly regulated environments? Does compliance topics like AML, sports betting regulation as well as data privacy and security pique your interest?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will be instrumental in the growth of the organization and its compliance needs. A person who will take responsibility for examining and researching the risk areas across the business and ensuring full compliance throughout all applicable regulations, legislation and company polices and best practice. We want innovators, we want doers!
This role will be the starting point of our compliance department and the main compliance person for Tipico USA. This person needs to have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks. They will need to work with teams throughout the organization to drive compliance awareness and ensure we are maintaining strong relationships with regulators and our Tipico Operations Team.
The Compliance Officer will be report directly to the Managing Director and work together with the rest of the management team and business operations.
- Handle all aspects of igaming and sportsbook Regulatory Compliance including, AML, data privacy and data security:
- Compile Internal controls from a regulatory perspective
- Suspicious monitoring process
- Risk assessment and mitigation processes
- Write policies and procedures
- Responsible gambling
- Operational Compliance
- Suspicious Activity
- Helps with Promotions / Marketing - Ensure they meet regulation guidelines.
- Customer complaints that may reach the regulator (if any).
- Be the Liaison between Casino body, regulator and Tipico Operations Team.
- Be the Liaison between internal compliance and legal third parties.
- Review and monitor internal policies and ensure that they are in line with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Ensure compliance audits and examinations, the dissemination and analysis of new or revised laws and regulations, research on compliance issues, training, and the company’s overall compliance policies and procedures.
- Acts as the Internet Gaming Manager and License Holder to hold internal and external teams accountable to gambling regulations.
- Acts as the AML officer for the USA entities.
- Act as the DPO antenna with group DPO office.
- Monitor and Analyze all compliance and fraud Reports to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Implement Audits
- Follow up regulatory development in new potential markets in line with the company strategy.
- Liaise with operations on all regulators required reporting and KPI needs.
- Buildout and manage day to day reporting for regulator.
- BSc/BA in law, compliance, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of compliance experience from Gaming/Gambling/payment industry or another regulated industry.
- Very strong working knowledge of compliance, and the areas that relate to it.
- Strong knowledge of State, Federal and relevant financial laws in line with gaming and AML.
- Experience in risk management.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (Data privacy, Fraud, Responsible Gaming, Data Security, etc.).
- Must have the ability to work with and develop strong relationships with regulatory associations such as the regulator as well as internal and external stakeholders to respond to requests and communicate results as needed.
- Proven ability to create and sustain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- Be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sportsbetting market
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth
- Build your own success story together with us
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group. Leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Medical, Optical, Dental Health Benefits