Bluecore is a retail marketing platform specializing in email and artificial intelligence. Our unique ability to match customer data with real-time insights enables brands to build intelligent, triggered marketing campaigns. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora and Best Buy Canada, increase their revenue leveraging our products.
As part of the Legal & Operations team, you will be supporting a hyper growth organization through challenging and dynamic work. As Associate Contracts Counsel, you will have end to end ownership over the Sales contract lifecycle, managing the contracting and redlining process for commercial agreements across the business.
- Manage sales contracting process to accelerate deal cycle while adhering to established Service Level Agreements.
- Draft and implement new business and renewal contracts, in addition to other contract related documents including Request for Proposals (RFP), Partnership, and Software Integration Agreements.
- Serve as primary contact for contracting between Sales and Senior Management
- Ensure legal terms are understood by all stakeholders and use sound judgement in developing comprehensive solutions on substantive legal issues
- Negotiate non-standard terms with opposing counsel, securing necessary approvals and driving efficient close on business and legal terms
- Maintain, update, and revise legal forms, and assist with other corporate “housekeeping” tasks
- Partner with Legal, Sales Operations, and Finance to review, revise and incorporate enhancements into contract language and processes
- Own internal communication on revised legal processes and train Sales on best practices
- J.D. from an accredited Law school, Current Bar Member in good standing to practice law and at least 2 years of experience in contracts and licensing
- Well versed in standard SaaS legal issues and legal terminology
- Experience working in a software, services, or SaaS business preferred
- Critical understanding of data privacy and protection, including GDPR
- Ability to thrive while independently running your own time in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Manage ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and humor
- Strong work ethic and passion for excellence
- prioritize and manage multiple projects and balance legal risks with business strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to understand and be influential in explaining a legal position
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.