Corporate Counsel at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with a permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for an attorney to join our Legal team as Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support across the organization in regard to a wide array of issues, including commercial, partnership and vendor contracts, corporate governance, finance, and employment-related matters. You will report directly to the General Counsel and manage relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, including company and operating company executives, operating teams across the portfolio, and investors.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to go in-house at a rapidly growing organization, engage with senior leadership to help inform decision-making, and gain experience managing an ever-shifting variety of issues, personalities and challenges.
- Help guide Redesign Health and our portfolio companies on all corporate legal matters, including but not limited to: corporate governance; corporate finance and fundraising; employment and HR; sales, partnership and vendor contracts; real estate; data privacy; intellectual property; joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
- Negotiate, draft and review a wide range of commercial agreements with partners and vendors.
- Provide practical and strategic business-focused advice to all stakeholders, summarizing and socializing complex legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Help manage key governance processes and communications.
- Help manage corporate governance and prepare for Board and shareholder meetings.
- 4 - 6 years of experience at a major law firm and/or in-house legal division.
- Extensive transactional experience, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and giving counsel in relation to a variety of agreements and transactions (M&A, finance, commercial contracts, services agreements, etc).
- J.D. and admission in good standing to New York State Bar.
- Prior experience representing health care industry clients (medical providers, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, etc.) is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and engender trust with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.