ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to work on the Brand, Advertising & Media Legal Team to facilitate key business and marketing functions, including our ad tech, marketing analytics and consumer insights work. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients and managing outside counsel on marketing and advertising commercial transactions, as well as contracts and projects related to brand, advertising, data protection, privacy and minimization, and intellectual property development and protection. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Draft, review and negotiate service agreements, SaaS agreements, technology licenses, enterprise software agreements, data processing agreements and engagements for stakeholders in the marketing organization, with assistance of outside counsel where appropriate.
- Act as primary legal support for certain functions within the Peloton Marketing organization, including advising on marketing and media-related matters, such as advertising campaigns, social media reviews, asset and lockup reviews, and consumer and business insights.
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue spot sensitive legal and business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal clients from assigned business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy.
- Advise on workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and updating templates to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
- Experience drafting and negotiating software licensing, SaaS and other technology service agreements, including data processing agreements and service level agreements, and general commercial agreements
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization and focus in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including Creative, Marketing, Product and Engineering Teams
- Knowledge about the consumer tech and marketing world, FTC guidelines and privacy rules and regulations, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Knowledge of ad tech, marketing tech and media buying is a plus ● Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 6+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on commercial transactions, advertising and ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- A member in good standing of the NY or CA State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.