Counsel, Marketing at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 4+ years’ experience in marketing and advertising law to help manage key business and marketing functions, with internal clients from our marketing and brand teams. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients and will assist in managing outside counsel on brand licensing, marketing, trademark clearance, advertising compliance, Member experience, and related commercial transactions. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, Members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist with the strategic management of Peloton Legal’s brand licensing and marketing matters, including advertising campaigns, social media reviews, and creative asset and lockup reviews.
- Assist with developing and implementing marketing and social media best practices, process improvements and regular trainings for various audiences within Peloton
- Advise internal clients and business partners on risks and opportunities related to Peloton’s media assets and priorities, marketing claims, and brand positioning
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts for stakeholders in the apparel, marketing, creative, and brand organizations, with assistance of senior in-house attorneys and/or outside counsel where appropriate
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns within complex programs and business materials, and a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) those matters to internal partners and/or other stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international laws and regulations governing fair use and trademark clearances, advertising (e.g., false advertising, claim substantiation, fair use and rights of publicity) as well as experience with intellectual property and marketing clearances
- Experience drafting and negotiating license agreements, agency service agreements, and statements of work
- Experience with drafting, reviewing and revising marketing assets and identifying potential risks to the business
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implication
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Fastidious organization and focus in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives and other entertainment industry players
- Knowledge about the consumer tech, social media, product placement and marketing world
- Knowledge of union and collective bargaining (e.g., SAG) issues, rules, and regulations is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 4+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on marketing, advertising and ancillary matters (in-house experience is preferred)
- A member in good standing of the NY or comparable State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.