Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
You are an experienced and curious legal leader, able to adapt quickly to new domains and to balance a wide range of priorities in a fast-paced environment. This role will focus on agreements with our customers and working with our sales and solutions teams to document our new and renewed relationships. In addition to working with the business side, you’ll work closely with Finance, Compliance, Operations, HR and others. This is an exciting opportunity to help build out the legal function at a rapidly growing tech company.
What you'll be doing
- Partnering closely with our Revenue team to structure and negotiate new business deals
- Drafting and reviewing master service agreements, order forms, statements of work and similar documents and other technology transactions with financial institutions, fintechs, and technology and data companies
- Deliver pragmatic, business-oriented advice across internal functions
- Support the ongoing enhancement of company-wide compliance infrastructure
- Spearhead the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes
- Supervising various external counsel from time to time
Who we're looking for
- J.D. from a top law school with admission to a state bar
- At least 6 years of experience as a transactional lawyer, including at least 2 years as an in-house lawyer at a technology company
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including SaaS and technology distribution agreements
- Some experience advising on basic data privacy and intellectual property matters
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Team player, ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently
- In-house secondment or experience
- Experience working with large financial institutions
- Involvement in D&I initiatives at current or recent employer
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.