Deputy Compliance Officer (North America)
We are looking for a Deputy Compliance Officer to join TransferWise’s North America team and help take the Company to the next level. You will be working very closely with the Product and Operational Compliance teams, reporting directly to the Compliance Officer, to help shape the overall AML strategy from the ground up.
What the role will entail
- Be a leader and enable the North America business and product teams by navigating AML and CTF risks and work alongside these teams to build products with a healthy compliance foundation.
- Lead the regionalization of global AML/ CTF Risk Assessment to North America markets, including (1) mastering deep understanding of the product, systems, processes, (2) document and defend our approach to externals, and (3) identify possible gaps and work with teams internally go close gaps over time.
- Assist in building the compliance framework (onboarding, monitoring, sanctions-screening, reporting and quality assurance), by providing expert guidance and support in oversight role, as well as hands-on support to teams (e.g. helping resolve open questions in an ops policy or project managing a regulatory findings remediation project).
- Design and work with teams to implement and maintain management information (MI) that enables the Board and leadership team to make informed decisions and contribute to the Compliance framework.
- Take on and own new challenges that arise in any area of the compliance program on a project basis, whether designing a new process to be implemented (e.g. escheatment program) or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements (e.g. NYDFS Part 504 Certification).
- Oversee and maintain a healthy compliance culture throughout the organisation, supported through an adequate AML/ CTF training program.
- Represent the AML/ CTF function to regulators and partners where required, establishing and maintaining solid partnerships.
Our ideal candidate
- Expert in US regulatory guidance applicable to financial institutions, particularly the BSA, PATRIOT Act, OFAC, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, FinCEN guidance, state money transmitter statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Understands how to do legal and compliance research needed to develop informed and reasonable compliance recommendations.
- Adept at risk-based analysis, incorporating regulatory, business, product, and operational considerations into risk analysis. Able to explain to functional teams how they fit into this analysis, and how their decisions affect AML/ CTF/ regulatory risk.
- Very strong writing and communication skills.
- Punctual, independent, proactive, highly attentive to details and willing to get things done.
- Demonstrates sound, independent judgement.
- Strong relationship builder across all levels of the business, that leads by example and demonstrates the TransferWise values in all their actions.
- Willingness to get involved at all stages of the Compliance Program.
- Spend at least 25% of your time with our operational teams in Tampa.
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to send money overseas.
Today, customers are transferring more than £1.5 billion every month with TransferWise, saving £60 million every month. Yet we’re only moving 1% of the world’s money. The scope of what we want to achieve and how much opportunity there is to grow is immense.
The same opportunity is true of a career here. The constantly evolving nature of our business means new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities for you to impact our customers every day.