Deputy General Counsel at Paxos
Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to commodities to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy.
The Deputy General Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and will manage our inhouse legal team. This is a new position necessitated by Paxos's business growth. We’re moving into new and exciting areas, and we need you!
The Deputy General Counsel will oversee the day-to-day functioning of the legal team and will also work closely with the compliance team. This role will engage proactively with the rest of the company, including the Operations, Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to advance the company’s mission.
The Deputy General Counsel will, among other things:
- Drive legal support for business priorities including development of new asset mobilization technologies and partnerships with both legacy financial institutions and fintechs
- Participate in product and cross-functional initiative development throughout the life cycle of these initiatives
- Engage proactively with state and federal financial regulators to educate them about our business and preview forthcoming initiatives and product launches
- Liaise with outside counsel to improve efficient communications and maximize value
- Engage with industry participants and other external stakeholders to keep Paxos on the cutting edge of our industry
- Keep up with legal trends in blockchain and digital assets to better inform legal advice given to the company
You should have:
- A law degree
- A proactive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally within the company
- An ability to engage constructively with external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- An ability to think through complex concepts and tackle them in an organized and efficient manner
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
In your cover letter, please highlight any regulatory experience, transactional/contract drafting experience, law firm experience, financial industry experience, blockchain/digital assets experience, and tech/startup experience. These are not prerequisites!