Director, Legal Operations at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with 10+ years of experience to lead the development of a legal operations function. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for building and executing the operational muscle for Peloton’s rapidly growing Legal team, with a focus on mapping processes and improving efficiencies across a wide range of systems and processes that we use to support our internal clients and manage our external partners.
- End-to-end responsibility for the legal team’s technology strategy, from the RFP stage through implementation and maintenance, with the legal [and compliance], finance and accounting, and IT teams as your key stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and implement process maps and OKRs for all legal operations processes, and provide project management, process oversight and reporting to measure results.
- Develop and manage a process for positive and efficient outside counsel relationships, taking responsibility for identification and selection of new firms (in partnership with attorneys), pricing negotiations, ongoing fee management, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion assessments, and escalations.
- Ensure effective budget planning and management for all legal department cost centers and initiatives, including support for legal leadership in headcount and resource planning.
- Manage vendor relationships with our legal technology services providers, including ebilling, contract management, ediscovery, document and litigation hold management, legal entity support, and more.
- Help legal leadership develop personnel management processes, such as attorney onboarding, training and staffing processes to realize organizational efficiencies.
- Assist other Legal team members with internal process guidelines and workflows as requested or as opportunities for improvement arise.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing complex projects for in-house legal departments; experience in building a legal ops function from the ground up.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal systems and technologies and vendor management experience, including RFP and implementation processes.
- Strong grasp of the dynamics of in-house/outside counsel relationships and legal pricing.
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to track and analyze data to show results.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle an array of tasks.
- People management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a business, operations, technology, or finance related field of study.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.