CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
The Employment Counsel position at CLEAR will be responsible for all functions related to employment law for both our national HQ and our field operations team of more than 1,300 employees. This position will report directly to and work closely with our General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to set a vision and the chance to execute on it. This position will be based at our NYC Headquarters.
What You Will Do:
- Set a vision for CLEAR’s employment law function, collaborating with our HR team and leadership team to advise on the full range of employment law issues.
- Advise and lend expertise on hiring, performance management, compliance, benefits, and, if necessary, investigations.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and resolve employee relations matters to help make CLEAR an excellent place to work and an employer of choice.
- Service as trusted advisor to leadership team to develop proactive strategies that address any trends/root causes identified by employee relations metrics.
- Develop and implement HR policies, practices, and procedures. Ensure adherence to company policies and compliance with current and pending legal regulations. Including field visits.
- Contribute to employee benefits and compensation programs.
- Manage any potential litigation relating to HR.
Who You Are:
- You have focused your career on employment law because you are passionate about it.
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- You want responsibility and autonomy to solve problems.
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners.
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- You have superior knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal employment laws and can manage any legal issues that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- 6-8+ years of experience at a law firm or in house
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders and frontline team members alike