Legal Operations Manager at Quartet Health
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
As a critical early member of our dynamic and growing Legal team, you will head up the Legal Operations function at Quartet at as we look to rapidly grow our business domestically and prepare to launch new markets. You will support the General Counsel and other members of the Legal team on a broad range of legal and compliance matters and help improve processes as we scale. This is a great opportunity for a detailed and driven person to join a growing healthcare technology company and work in a generalist role with a wide range of legal and operational functions.
As Legal Operations Specialist, you will be a fully integrated member of the legal team. You will take lead on issues such as, but not limited to contract management, IP, licensure, and corporate filings. Responsibilities include creating responses to inquiries from clients and other third parties, assisting with the review and revision of policies, procedures and legal documents. As the third person on the legal team, you will own and build out legal operations for Quartet. Our ideal candidate is willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- Maintain the company's forms and guideline documents.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to pull and extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Constantly help the legal team become more organized and efficient, through the implementation and management of ticketing systems, document management and filing systems and KPIs tracking.
- Track and respond to requests in a timely and organized manner while respecting competing timelines for both Legal & Privacy functions
- Serve as gatekeeper of document library and internal site containing policies and guidelines, and product updates
- Manage and maintain the company's contract database.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Track and manage invoices from and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Support Quartet’s internal compliance and corporate governance
- Responsible for breach management and will act as the first point of escalation for privacy incidents
- Develop and maintain privacy dashboards, incident metrics and additional metrics that support the privacy program.
- Minimum 5+ years experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house company
- Strong analytical, proofreading, organizational, and research skills
- Proficient in Mac, Gmail, Google docs, Adobe and comfortable with technology.
- Experience in building operations and systems in an in-house legal department.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the healthcare industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.