Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Build out the legal ops function for scale.
- Be accountable for the legal processes, SLA management, and information management for the legal & compliance teams.
- Work with GC to build a team of legal operators to enable maximum efficiency and efficacy of legal & compliance departments as we grow.
- Work with legal & compliance team on communications (presentations; announcements; surveys, etc.)
- Building while doing - overseeing the below functions to begin with and then delegating these areas as the team gets built out:,
- Manage and prioritize incoming requests for legal, insurance, real estate, or compliance assistance
- Maintain and develop legal systems and tools to enhance department operations, efficiency, and responsiveness
- Run department’s contract lifecycle management system, including key date and deadline tracking
- Assist legal counsel in the preparation of basic contracts and related legal documents
- Prepare regulatory/compliance resources and assist with basic legal research
- Support legal counsel in work product presentation (slide decks, charts, spreadsheets)
- Approve and track all incoming legal invoices and manage legal department budget
Requirements for the Role:
- You have at least 4 years of demonstrated success in execution-oriented project management
- You have management experience
- You’re detail oriented and take pride in a polished finished product
- You can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without things falling through the cracks
- You strive to find the most efficient solution and love problem solving
- You’re eager to learn new skills and become a project leader
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have strong Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
- You are inspired by our mission
How We Define Success:
- Accountable for efficient and effective operations of and communications from the legal and compliance functions.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to existing processes (build the plane as you fly it)
- Scoping out areas of work, hiring a team to oversee those areas, and then managing the team well.
- Mindfully setting the team up for success with keen attention to detail, such as ensuring resources are easy to use before sending them to the team
- Responsively and efficiently working with the team on their administrative needs
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Formal project management experience
- Basic understanding of contracts
- Paralegal experience
- Background in healthcare and/or technology
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.