Middle Market Legal Analyst at Reorg
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:34 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are looking for an associate or recent law school graduate with a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and process, and a strong interest in writing. The right individual will be passionate, hard-working and looking to transition to a new career in the distressed debt/restructuring space and work in a growing team of talented individuals.
You will provide coverage of topical middle market chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and related market trends for our subscribers who count on us for sophisticated, up-to-date, accurate information.
- Day-to-day monitoring of new bankruptcy filings, providing alerts and summaries of new cases and first day pleadings
- Reporting on key ongoing case developments on a short time frame, both from docket filings and hearing attendance
- Prepare long-form trend and analysis pieces covering developments in the middle market chapter 11 space
- Contribute to and help maintain proprietary databases of chapter 11 case data
- Collaborate with a team of financial analysts and journalists to assist in developing middle market coverage
- Meet and interact with legal, financial and investing professionals both over the phone and in person
- JD with a strong academic record
- A comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and keen sense of important case developments; 1+ years of bankruptcy law experience preferred
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and other industry events
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description