Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
The Meetup platform is used to organize community around a wide variety of topics all around the world, and staying on top of policy trends for each of these topics is important work. The Integrity team is tasked with ensuring that the platform is safe and enjoyable for our millions of members and organizers. Since most member interactions happen face to face, this work is especially important at Meetup.
We’re looking for a proactive, tenacious, and objective problem solver who has a passion for policy development and enforcement planning to help manage the development of Meetup’s policy program.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Proactive research of industry standards and trends to anticipate policy issues and ensure that Meetup is ahead of the curve and our brand and members are protected
- Crafting clear and concise policies to govern user activity on Meetup and providing supporting information to justify proposed policies and advocate for approval from stakeholders and leadership
- Creating intuitive workflows to guide policy enforcement teams
- Evaluating current user facing policies and internal enforcement workflows and proposing changes when necessary
- Proactive monitoring of trends in Meetup group approvals and recommend adjustments to policy enforcement when necessary
- Researching local and global laws and developing policies that will protect and inform all of our members and organizers
- Building relationships with product managers and advocating for policy integration in new product launches
- Create policies from the ground up for new Meetup products or initiatives
- Educate the company on the intent and application of user facing policies, which includes maintaining policy resource library
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for Meetup and our mission to bring people together to do the things that matter most to them
- At least 3 years of experience in online policy enforcement and policy writing
- Project management experience
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or third party spam enforcement tools
- Experience researching and analyzing policy issues and presenting reports and recommendations to product teams and management
- Familiarity with US and EU regulations, and a general understanding of other international policy and compliance issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear language
- Pride yourself on your ability to provide a consistent and objective point of view when making difficult decisions with limited information available
- Are collaborative, thick skinned, and like to work with others to find common ground
- Have the ability to present well thought out evaluations and plans, amicably address resistance, and are open to compromise
If your experience fits some but not all of what’s listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?