ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with a passion and curiosity for technology and 7+ years’ experience supporting engineering and business teams in the technology sector to join the Product Legal team. Be a part of a team that values innovation, collaboration and the idea of working better together. You will be responsible for providing broad support for Peloton’s technology teams by spotting legal issues, helping to ensure compliance with privacy and security commitments, developing risk mitigation strategies, reviewing client goals and development activities, and working with subject matter experts as needed. A successful candidate for this role will enjoy tackling challenging and often novel issues related to privacy and security, data use, IP licensing, and responsible AI & ethics. This position also requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide high-quality, pragmatic legal and business advice regarding a wide range of general product development, privacy/data protection, content moderation, marketing, accessibility, consumer protection, and intellectual property issues to support Peloton’s connected platform and technology.
- Provide thought leadership and counseling on emerging issues including biometric privacy and responsible uses of data and AI technology.
- Partner with engineering, product development, and compliance teams to develop policies and best practices related to issues that affect the platform.
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns within complex programs and business materials, and a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) those matters to internal partners and/or other stakeholders
- Draft and negotiate a variety of contracts with a technology focus.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and both drive and share those improvements across the Peloton Product organization and Legal Team.
- 7+ years of experience advising engineering and business teams, with a focus in the areas of privacy and data protection, online legal frameworks, consumer laws and digital app platforms.
- Expertise in intellectual property laws and concepts, software licensing, global data privacy and security laws and best practices.
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and the ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to legal issues.
- Ability to work independently, meet demanding deadlines in the face of ambiguity, triage effectively, and adjust tasks frequently.
- Strong planning and organization skills to help create and execute on short-term and long-term goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Love of technology and the desire to work with fun people.
- JD and an active license to practice law in a US jurisdiction.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: applicantaccom[email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.