Senior Counsel at Riskified
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.About the Role
Riskified’s growing legal team is hiring a New York based Senior Counsel. In this role, you will partner with Riskified’s sales team to negotiate and execute agreements with our largest customers. You’ll also be responsible for Riskified's continued compliance with US and other privacy rules. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful late-stage tech company and drive continued growth. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, wants to make a significant impact and will excel in a dynamic, cross-functional team.What You'll Be Doing
- Work hand-in-hand with the enterprise sales team on drafting, negotiation and execution of agreements with our largest customers.
- Collaborate with our partnership’s team across a variety of partnership structures and develop those structures where necessary.
- Advise other senior business leaders on other key agreements in a fast-paced, exciting, environment.
- Be responsible for all aspects of US privacy compliance.
- Regularly work with a variety of teams, including sales, partnerships, finance, accounting, marketing, product, people and others
- Develop processes, templates, playbooks, and contract automation.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Law Degree Required
- Licensed to practice in New York
- 7+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in-house
- Commercial transactions experience (SaaS preferred)
- Privacy expertise (CCPA, GDPR)
- Ability to lead negotiations
- Practical mindset towards protecting the company from risks while enabling fast-paced growth and innovation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail, detail and more detail
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned all our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
Calcalist: Riskified is the Most Promising Startup
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.