Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us.
We’re looking for an experienced lawyer to work closely with our Executive team and manage the legal function at Meetup.
As our Senior Counsel, you will:
- Act as strategic legal advisor to the CEO and executive team, providing business minded legal counsel.
- Lead the legal department at Meetup, reporting into the legal department at WeWork, and manage and grow the legal team at Meetup as business needs require
- Identify diverse legal and business strategy issues in the areas of product development, privacy, regulatory, employment, and intellectual property.
- Partner with WeWork legal team resources and external counsel as needed
- Oversee and provide guidance regarding product counsel work performed by the Meetup legal team,ensuring compliance with company policies and applicable law
- Develop and implement policies and practices to manage legal matters
- Develop internal resources and training materials
Ideally, you’ll possess:
- JD with high academic achievements
- 7-10 years’ law firm or in-house experience working with high-tech company clients or principals
- The judgment required to comprehensively understand complex legal/business issues and provide business guidance to senior leadership that balances risks/rewards
- The desire and capacity to learn, teach, mentor, and evolve
- An understanding of and passion for technology, the internet, and related policy issues
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Intelligence, confidence, self-motivation, independence, humility, a sense of humor
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?