Senior In-House Counsel
ActionIQ is looking for a motivated, business savvy Senior In-House Counsel to be the founding hire of our legal team. This role will be a strategic partner to our go-to-market teams, and will handle a broad range of responsibilities, marrying a deep understanding of all aspects of commercial law with a nuanced view of the direction of the business. The ideal candidate loves to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate being a critical part of the operations in a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
One year from now you will have:
- Independently negotiated complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts with enterprise brands, as well as contracts with a wide variety of vendors, technology partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in ActionIQ’s unique product offering and translated your understanding of applicable regulations into actionable guidance for the business.
- Build systems from the ground-up supporting legal workflows and compliance; a chance to ‘get it right’ from the beginning.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams through ActionIQ and the executive team.
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate complex commercial contracts integral to the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects, big and small, that arise in a rapidly growing startup (spanning everything from reviewing vendor contracts to advising on international expansion).
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel.
- 4-6 years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with growing businesses, ideally with experience navigating privacy laws and issues in a commercial context.
- Experience in or demonstrated interest in technology companies.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company backed by top-tier VCs
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Top health insurance benefits
- Great office location in the Flatiron district