ActionIQ is looking for a motivated, business savvy Senior In-House Counsel to be the founding hire of our legal team. This role will be a strategic partner to our go-to-market teams, and will handle a broad range of responsibilities, marrying a deep understanding of all aspects of commercial law with a nuanced view of the direction of the business. The ideal candidate loves to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate being a critical part of the operations in a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
One year from now you will have:
- Independently negotiated complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts with enterprise brands, as well as contracts with a wide variety of vendors, technology partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in ActionIQ’s unique product offering and translated your understanding of applicable regulations into actionable guidance for the business.
- Build systems from the ground-up supporting legal workflows and compliance; a chance to ‘get it right’ from the beginning.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams through ActionIQ and the executive team.
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate complex commercial contracts integral to the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects, big and small, that arise in a rapidly growing startup (spanning everything from reviewing vendor contracts to advising on international expansion).
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- 7-10 years of experience in commercial / corporate transactional work, with at least 2 years of in-house legal experience at another technology company, ideally with experience navigating privacy laws and issues in a commercial context.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel.
- Experience with fundraising, M&A and/or other corporate law matters.
- Demonstrated interest in technology companies.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company backed by top-tier VCs
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Top health insurance benefits
- Great office location in the Flatiron district
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.