Are you interested in being a strategic part of building international legal operations in a high-growth company? We are looking for a sharp, humble and agile person to join our legal team as Senior Legal Counsel - Americas in our New York office. You will be part of our global legal team and will report directly to the Group’s General Counsel.We're definitely looking for you, if you have...
- JD from a recognized U.S. law school and are licensed and in good standing in at least one US state
- 6+ years of experience (including at least 3 years with a nationally recognized law firm) with a broad range of legal areas
- Experience in corporate governance, M&A, data protection and commercial contracts is highly valued
- Specific experience with advertising management/agency related legal issues and social media marketing is desirable
- Ability to change complex legal requirements into flexible business solutions
- Significant experience counseling global organizations on commercial contract and compliance issues
- Strong deal-making skills that go beyond negotiating legal terms and resolving legal issues.
- Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Hands-on team player - willingness to jump in on all topics/tasks
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Prepare, draft, review and negotiate customer, partner and vendor contracts and other legal documents.
- Handle administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in the business.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the organization and develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
- Provide strategic business-oriented advice and guidance and support to our sales, customer success, product and engineering, leadership, finance, people, and operations teams.
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 450 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at [email protected]