Sr. Commercial Counsel at Vimeo
Vimeo is looking for a transactional lawyer with deep SaaS experience who can partner with our Sales and Business Development teams. Our Sales team is charged with selling enterprise SaaS contracts while our Business Development team develops partnerships to help us acquire self-serve customers. As the lead lawyer for these teams -- each of which is critical to our growth -- you’ll be the face of the Legal department when you draft, redline, and negotiate contracts with a variety of global counter-parties, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. You’ll also lead (and build) a team that will review and process more routine contracts such as sales orders, vendor agreements, and NDAs.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the Legal partner for our Sales and Business Development teams and provide a range of legal advice to each group
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements with SaaS customers, business development partners, and vendors
- Lead a team (consisting primarily of non-lawyers) charged with reviewing and processing standard form contracts
- Develop and implement templates and workflows to handle deal flow in a timely, scalable, and efficient manner, while also aligning with our core policies and mitigating legal and business risks
- Research and recommend standard terms and negotiation strategies, particularly for heavily-negotiated issues, based upon industry practices and evolving legal trends
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Admitted to practice law in NY (or have the ability to be admitted as authorized in-house counsel in NY), with 6+ years of practice; some in-house experience preferred
- Well versed with SaaS/cloud agreements -- you know what each clause does, what each party cares about most, and how to resolve impasses
- Familiarity with data security and privacy obligations, able to spot issues and speak to the most common concerns raised by counter-parties
- Shown ability to handle a large docket and numerous partners -- ability to prioritize, when to delegate, and how to manage expectations
- Keen eye for detail, solid legal and business judgment, and ability to communicate nuanced points concisely and in a manner best suited to the audience
- Experience managing and mentoring others
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs