B2B Marketing Manager
Common is the nation’s leading community-driven property manager, improving city living across 5 cities and for over 600 members. Using our signature approach to perfecting the modern rental experience, Common designs and operates coliving and traditional apartments in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment. Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allow us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter, while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensuring our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly cofounder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for a B2B Marketing Manager to support our Directors of Real Estate in building and managing our real estate pipelines. This position will be based in our New York City offices and will report to our Head of Real Estate Partnerships.
● Develop and execute an industry-leading strategy for communicating and marketing the Common brand to real estate developers across the country
● Own our marketing strategy for outreach to developers from content creation and sourcing to execution and delivery. This includes digital communications such as our B2B email campaigns and experiential with on-site events are our Homes.
● Create, implement, and iterate on full lifecycle B2B demand generation campaigns, using a variety of channels and tactics based on campaign goals and target audiences
● Identify opportunities to create external materials showcasing Common’s expertise and leadership to help differentiate our brand in the market
● Partner with our Directors of Real Estate to plan, create and implement in-market events to build developer relationships and increase Common brand awareness
● Help the Real Estate team overall to identify opportunities for business development and expand our developer partner pipeline
● You have developed and executed B2B marketing campaigns and communication plans that have generated quantifiable results
● You possess excellent written communication skills and have experience creating content for B2B email marketing platforms
● You have successfully planned and managed external client-facing events
● You have proven excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills
● You have managed multiple campaigns, using discretion to proactively solve problems and propose solutions
● You have experience creating, managing and evaluating B2B digital marketing campaigns and outreach efforts
● You know how to find the right companies and individuals to talk to about revenue generating opportunities across industries and markets
● You are comfortable representing the Common brand to current and potential partners in a variety of settings and formats
● You are creative, innovative and have the ability to think outside the box
● You are comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic startup environment
● You know how to ask for help when you need it and you keep your cool in stressful situations
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 4 to 6 years work experience in marketing or communications at a Fortune 500 and/or leading SaaS company
● A minimum of 2 years of experience directly managing B2B digital marketing programs with proven ability to deliver consistently strong measurable results.
● Significant experience using CRM systems
What We Offer
Common offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, STD/LTD Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Transit Benefits and 401K. Additional benefit such as paid vacation, paid sick time, weekly team lunches, office snacks, flexible working hours and more are also available.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.