Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design U.S., Canada and LATAM benefits programs, including health, retirement (including RRSP) and all time off Programs & policies (Vacation, Leave of absence, holidays, sick time, sabbaticals etc)
- Support merger and acquisition initiatives with leadership, business partners and various stakeholders for a successful integration and transition of benefits
- Responsible for administering annual renewal benefit plan changes for U.S., Canada and LATAM regions.
- Manage 12+ vendors within U.S., Canada and LATAM regions. Evaluate current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities
- Leads, plans and manages effective communications and education of benefits (including time off policies, open enrollment, wellness etc). Create and update benefits communication and documents on internal HR wiki
- Stay up to date on compliance updates and requirements. Update policies and programs to align with any regulatory changes and partner with Global Benefits Operations Manager to implement
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- At least 7+ years of experience in designing benefits for the U.S, Canada & LATAM regions. Including managing client/vendor relationships
- At least 5 years experience in managing large-scale, complex projects
- Partner with Global Benefits Operations Manager on the implementation of new benefits or benefits enhancements to existing programs
- Responsible for administering annual renewal benefit plan changes for U.S., Canada and LATAM regions
- Evaluate current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities
- Leads, plans and manages effective communications and education of benefits (including time off policies, open enrollment, wellness etc)
- Manages 12+ vendor relationships and performance. Review and provide feedback related to data analytics in the research of market trends, benefits surveys and stay abreast of emerging benefits trends to maintain a competitive benefits portfolio
- Manages the due diligence process in acquisitions and mergers (U.S., Canada & Brazil) as necessar
- Ensures that the design of benefits are in compliance with ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, HSA rules and other benefit and regulatory requirements
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a startup culture - comfort with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action
JOB ID: P29374
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.