Brand & Content Marketing Director at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking an experienced Director of Brand & Content Marketing to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will be tasked with creating and executing a best-in-class brand and content strategy for a complex B2B business. You will lead a team of talented brand and content marketers to help them achieve our team goals and grow in their careers, and will manage our relationships with key contractors and third party vendors.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience leading teams focused on driving growth through B2B brand and content marketing with a focus on customer acquisition and thought leadership. The right candidate will also be a content expert in their own right, and will be confident in their ability to create, project manage, execute, and iterate on content-focused campaigns, knowing how to get the most out of every piece of content.
You and your team will be responsible for overall content and brand strategy and you’ll run the integrated campaigns for all of our key business lines. You’ll bring impeccable organization, creative ideas, attention to detail, and proven execution to take our brand and content marketing to the next level.
You will play a key role on our marketing leadership team, and be responsible for reporting packages that will be shared with executive leadership and company-wide. The role requires curiosity, and an analytical minded person. However, you’ll help write the playbook, rather than inherit one. You must be comfortable moving quickly, and dealing with a significant amount of ambiguity. You will receive direction, coaching, and mentorship, however you will need to be self-motivated, with a great deal of initiative.
- Create LeafLink’s brand and content marketing strategy and bring it to life with your talented team
- Collaborate with leads in Growth, Design, Regional, and Product Marketing to ensure we are hitting our department goals effectively
- Lead your team with a focus on individual career development
- Work closely with our Creative Director and Design team to elevate our brand across all channels
- Manage content and brand channels including our website, blog, case studies, white papers, gated content, social media, events, and more
- Own our brand book and style guide, providing guidance to anyone writing on behalf of the LeafLink brand
- Translate business goals into effective content and brand marketing strategies
- Fill the role of “project leader” while working on integrated campaigns with Design and Growth marketing to drive success around projects big and small
- Drive customer acquisition and engagement through refinement of existing content marketing programs and the conceptualization, testing, and implementation of new ones
Who You Are
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenge
- You don’t take yourself too seriously, your energy can keep others calm under pressure, and you aim to enjoy yourself at work
- You believe brand drives growth, and know how to use content marketing to achieve goals
- You are self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You are highly-organized and pride yourself on your attention to detail
- You have proven success in managing and leading effective brand and content teams
- You are passionate about developing talent and excited to help your team progress
- You know how to demonstrate that your work is driving results through strategic presentations, meetings, and reports
- You love to nurture both sides of your brain: you are able to translate both creative concepts and data-driven analysis into great content
- You have experience with technical writing about data and software products, including in long format white papers and reports
- You are comfortable wearing many hats: from editor to writer, project manager to analyst, you are a jack/jill-of-all-trades when it comes to creating effective content
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have a strong understanding of SEO and have experience creating content to improve SEO ranking
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of startup marketing experience
- Have managed brand and content marketing at a growing company
- Have managed 2+ full time employees for at least 1 year
- Excellent writer
- Experience at B2B or SaaS companies
- Experience with data-driven content and campaigns
- Experience managing freelance
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, internally and with outside vendors and partners w/ extreme attention to detail
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.