Brand Marketing Manager at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a creative, motivated and results-oriented team player to work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced Integrated Marketing team. The Integrated Marketing team is responsible for driving go-to-marketing strategy and generating advertising campaigns that drive brand awareness, prospect engagement, and customer acquisition. The Brand Marketing Manager will lead the strategy and execution of several key programs including experiential activations, out-of-home, podcast advertising, direct mail, and brand sponsorships. The ideal candidate is hyper-organized and detail oriented, an innate problem solver, a data-driven marketer, and has a passion for creating disruptive and impactful multi-channel advertising campaigns.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Own planning, strategy/execution, project management, and reporting for brand advertising campaigns in key markets
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external teams (e.g. performance marketing, content, design, sales, email marketing, etc.) in executing all aspects of the campaigns, including development and delivery of all campaign assets, contracts, budget management, and promotion
- Define our marquee campaigns and drumbeat across each of our high priority markets and coordinate marketing programs across all channels
- Lead national and market-specific, highly visible brand sponsorships, managing multi-channel touchpoints and liaising with internal stakeholders on key deliverables
- Be the eyes, ears, and voice of the customer, applying your understanding of market insights, product insights, demographics, and personas to influence marketing plans
- Draft campaign briefs and provide input and feedback on campaign creative that adheres to channel best practices, industry knowledge, aligns with campaign objectives, target personas, and is rooted in market insights
- Project manage campaigns to ensure teammates and agencies meet key milestones, campaigns launch on time and within defined budget parameters
- Analyze campaign performance, identify optimization recommendations, and report on results
- Share results and learnings with Sales and Marketing teams
- Manage project budgets, contract negotiation, and oversee vendor invoicing
As Brand Marketing Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business insight- applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Customer-Obsessed: You have a passion for deeply understanding your customer and put them at the center of everything you do.
- Nimble learning-actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability-the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication-the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on brand marketing experience creating advertising campaigns at a brand or agency
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Strong understanding of the marketing funnel and the importance of using advertising tactics to drive growth at each stage of the funnel
- Out-of-the-box thinker who has experience working closely with design teams and creative briefs
- Stay on top of industry and market trends, competitive landscape, and unique opportunities
- Ability to engage, collaborate and provide clear communication to cross functional teams
- Proactive; drives projects forward independently
- Extraordinary attention to detail
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment