Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
As a function of Datadog’s Sales department, the Business Value team is a unique strategy, operations and analytics team at Datadog. Our Sales org works with a best-of-breed product that solves real problems for our customers, and our Business Value team drives high-level strategic decision making across the entire business, leads strategic planning, and adds operational rigor across the company to ensure success for our customers.
We’re seeking a creative and entrepreneurial Business Value Manager who will partner directly with our customers to build business cases that quantify the business value our products deliver to their bottom line. This critical customer-facing position will collaborate cross-functionally with teams ranging from Sales and Post Sales to Marketing and Product in order to scale the business value function within Datadog. In this role you will directly impact the bottom line of our business while gaining executive visibility inside and outside of the organization.
- Work closely with customers to identify key business drivers and conduct business value assessments for our largest deals
- Build in-depth analyses to quantify business value that can be achieved through our products
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs
- Enable Sales and Post Sale teams to conduct their own business cases for select opportunities
- Develop models, processes, and materials to drive continuous improvement in our Business Value Program
- Become an expert in Datadog selling methodology while driving adoption
- Perform strategic business and financial analyses in support of sales opportunities
- Collaborate across Datadog to build and run light-touch programs that will leverage business value expertise to improve efficiency or increase revenue opportunities across the business
- Assist with Datadog’s ongoing field enablement efforts with value selling training, knowledge management, etc
- Experienced in 6+ years working in a related field with 4+ years experience in: running business value assessments; management consulting or IT consulting with proven track record of advising senior business stakeholders; enterprise sales or other equivalent experience
- Someone who holds a BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or other analytical field required, MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Outstanding in your analytical abilities, verbal and written communication skills
- An exceptionally strong presenter with demonstrated experience in client-facing role or working with C-suite executives
- Confident in building financial models and analyzing businesses
- Passionate about coaching other and comfortable working and leading cross-functional teams
- Willing to travel (when it is safe again to do so!) up to 20% of time
- Highly analytical and comfortable with complex data sets
- Creative problem solver who thrives with ambiguity
- Equally comfortable with the big picture and with the details
- Experience in a SaaS company in a complex sales-cycle.
- Knowledge and interest in the cloud and monitoring space.
- Excited to work with engineering, marketing, sales, finance and other functions
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.