Communications Associate at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you’ll play a critical role across all aspects of our communications team, supporting the most important initiatives that move the business forward. The right person will want to grow their career at a place that’s scaling fast, and because the Communications team is structured for visibility and access, every person on the team has the opportunity to make an outsize impact.
We are a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You'll Do:
- Play a key role on the Communications team as we build a culturally dynamic lifestyle brand (think Apple or Nike for personal investing) that resonates across audiences
- Ideate alongside experienced leaders with proven experience in storytelling and brand-building
- Build and execute organization and execution processes for both external and internal communications
- Develop and nurture relationships with reporters and Stash employees
- Own the events calendar and submit for awards across categories
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities that reach consumers and press
- Leverage new tools to monitor emerging narratives and coverage
- Support and manage thought leadership efforts and amplify Stash’s success
Who You Are:
- Genuinely excited by Stash’s mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to address wealth inequality by introducing Stash to those who want to invest in themselves
- Organized and passionate: an operator brimming with creativity and a proactive spirit
- Flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves. In one day, the Communications Associate might launch a new survey, lead an all-hands prep session, go deep into research, and help the team strategize a major upcoming launch.
- Craving a team that brings various backgrounds and perspectives to the work
What you Bring to the Table:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience building surveys and synthesizing data for storytelling
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Consumer PR experience preferred
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**