Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world's largest brands such as JP Morgan Chase, Salesforce, AT&T, and Deloitte trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch's products, visit our website.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedInand learn about us further on our careers site.
Content Marketing at Knotch
The Content Marketing Director is focused on the planning, execution, measurement and optimization of Knotch's content marketing program. This position reports to the SVP of Marketing, who is based in New York.
We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun too. We run our company on four core values every day: Transparency, Relentlessness, Inclusiveness, and Resourcefulness. This role gets to blend all four of these values to create thought leadership & insights. You will be the voice of Knotch on the content side, owning our longer-form content and using your unique balance of creativity and data. Your efforts will cement our position, and your position, as leaders in content and storytelling. You’ll even have the opportunity to cover the latest news in content. If this sounds like you, keep on reading.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Content Creation
- Write medium and long-form content (blog posts, reports, etc) to support inbound marketing strategy in a creative and thoughtful, yet fun & engaging way
- Incorporate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices in all content
- Use an Account-Based Marketing strategy to create content that is specific to identified personas and ideal customer profiles in tandem with our Revenue team
- Create content to drive demand generation, and confidently measure and report on content's contribution to pipeline
- Support events through content creation of session abstracts and thought-leadership slide decks
Research and Testing
- Regularly conduct A/B testing on webpages and emails to test and optimize our content for engagement and conversion
- Research high-demand national and global topics for marketing content and campaigns
- Identify influencers that cover our space and/or can benefit from Knotch data and insights
- Extract insights from our competitors' content helping us to create our own original content
- Develop a multi-channel and multi-format content strategy that delivers the right content to the right audience at the right time in their journey
- Leverage our own Knotch products, data and insights to optimize your content projects
- Drive brand awareness and earned media coverage, showcasing thought leadership
- Share relevant marketing content, insights, and information with Knotch team members
- Participate in external content groups and organizations, connecting with experts in order to keep up with content marketing trends and technologies
- Allocate content marketing budget and report on ROI per asset
- Manage the team’s content calendar and share transparently across Knotch
- Manage freelance writers and editors, and assign prioritized content projects
- Review the quality of team members’ content to ensure it aligns with the Knotch brand/tone-of-voice and messaging
- Visualize content performance/KPIs through simple charts at the beginning of each month
You’ll be successful here if you bring
- 5+ years experience creating content in Journalism, Marketing, Market Research or other relevant field, preferably in the B2B MarTech SaaS space
- A unique voice with excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Proof you’ve written web content that’s received earned media coverage
- The ability to identify and write compelling stories that readers care about
- A flexible mindset: you’re easily able to shift gears between critical thinking and getting things done
- Self-motivation: you’re willing to work both independently and as part of a remote team
- Resiliency: you thrive in a startup culture where each day brings a new challenge as you handle multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.