Customer Communications Associate at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Customer Communication Associate will work closely with Product Support Specialists, Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, and our Legal Team to send external service-related and product-related communications to the Justworks customer base. You’ll be the voice of Justworks to our customers during times of delight and times of critical importance, and will need to speak with authority on complex projects. This role reports to the Manager of Customer Communications in Customer Success.What you'll do
- Be a cross-functional leader who can work with other departments across the company to conceptualize and push out complex communications and product updates in an easily digestible and articulate manner
- Oversee the Justworks Customer Communications Calendar to ensure all communications are being sent to achieve peak effectiveness but also with thought and consideration for internal stakeholders
- Manage the Comms Request JIRA board
- Ensure Customer Success is informed of the communications schedule daily, and have the resources necessary to handle any inbound volume in response to outgoing customer communications
- Draft and/or edit, design, and send an average of 20 external customer communications per month across a range of topics/purposes: operational, legal/compliance updates, billing notices, project based, newsletters, incident/correction, product updates, administrative, benefits, security, etc.
- Manage legal and branding reviews for service related communications
- Copyedit peer writing for style and brand voice, as needed
- Communicate internally with stakeholders including HR, CS, Marketing, Operations, Product, and Legal, on ongoing and upcoming external customer communications
- Be a resource for other teams who seek to send communications to customers via our email platform
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in customer service
- Experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp, HubSpot, Pardot, SendGrid, Taxi, etc.) highly preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to manage competing priorities and multitask
- Ability to work as part of a team and be resourceful and adaptable
- Aptitude for learning new products and subject matter, and helping others learn as well
- Willingness to dive right in and affect change
- You love to write!
- Eye for detail and excellent writing techniques
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills, and proven ability to write effective and engaging copy
- Systems thinker with a creative mindset - you see how the entire Justworks experience works end to end and can communicate sometimes complex processes to customers in simple ways
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment