Director, Brand Partnerships at Howl (Remote)
Howl is a new marketplace designed for creators and brands who crave transparent collaboration.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies for the creator economy. Howl’s tools are designed for humans who know that scale and growth come from working together with consistency and transparency. Howl makes it easy, reliable and motivating to earn even more. That’s what makes Howl the home planet for creator-led growth.
Howl is a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our private beta launched in mid-2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
Howl is scaling quickly and looking to hire hungry, results-oriented Brand Partnerships Directors to grow key accounts while helping to operationalize our go to market strategy.
As a Brand Partnerships Director at Howl, you will partner with industry-leading brands & retailers, with a focus on one or more verticals such as Beauty, Fashion, Home, Tech, and Gaming.
You’ll be on the forefront of performance marketing as Howl is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for marketers that blends the best of brand and performance. We operate at a massive scale - your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in e-commerce. You'll work directly with our clients and their stakeholders to understand their marketing goals and be a partner for them in building a strategy for execution using the Howl technology.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own top-line account health and revenue goals for your collection of clients leading with a customer-centric, growth-oriented approach to develop and nurture successful partnerships.
- Partner with client stakeholders on marketing teams at category-leading brands and retailers to identify opportunities for growth and operationalize them in order to meet ambitious revenue goals, drive a strong client return and achieve their marketing objectives.
- Provide weekly reporting on your business and draw actionable insights from the data to inform creator strategies and recommendations, upselling and cross-selling to clients when needed.
- Master the functionality of the Howl platform, educating clients to increase feature adoption and providing feedback on platform improvements and new features to the product team.
- Conceptualize and execute campaigns on Howl, working creatively with internal and external partners on optimizing campaigns, including components that attract new creators to the clients program.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates to tackle technical, marketing, and operational projects and resolve issues as they arise, elevating risk to leadership as needed.
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact, helping to drive loyalty, stickiness, and an excellent client experience end-to-end.
What you'll bring:
- Domain expertise in a combination of the following preferred: Marketing Strategy (including a keen understanding of PR, Influencer, Affiliate and Performance Marketing tactics, challenges and returns across the marketing funnel), Brand Partnerships, Digital/Technical Customer Success, high-growth tech startup.
- Excellent communication skills: You effectively collaborate with clients, including senior stakeholders, to educate on the Howl value proposition and drive results.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills: You can work with complex data and build excel models to draw actionable insights and make decisions.
- High-level of comfort upselling and cross-selling: You identify and close growth opportunities quickly.
- Equal parts strategic and operational: You love to roll up your sleeves and dive into account strategy and campaign set-ups when necessary.
- Start-up mentality: You understand that in start-ups we have to keep a flexible, nimble mentality, wearing multiple hats as we test opportunities, create replicable processes, and drive client value.
- Substantial experience managing enterprise level accounts for retailers and brands that are Howl adjacent
The base salary range for this role is $135,000-$150,000 USD.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.