Director of Communications
As the Director of Communications at Cadre, you will be charged with the mission of developing a holistic communications strategy for the business, inclusive of branding, public relations, philanthropic vision, and crisis management. Your primary responsibility will be to crystallize the Cadre brand and mission to ensure we grow and scale the world’s most transformational marketplace for alternative investing.
You will work directly with the company’s CEO and venture capital firms to ensure Cadre’s external message, collateral materials and initiatives are effectively articulated and resourced. You will be the primary relationship for communication with all colleagues, clients, and the press. You will work with leaders at Cadre along with external stakeholders (PR agency and creative agency) to maximize Cadre’s global exposure, and will be the primary point person with respect to the press. You will work with our VP People Operations on internal messaging and values, and our Marketing team and Client Relations team selectively on external messaging to ensure there is both consistency with how Cadre’s mission is communicated and resonance with our target audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Executive / Leadership to define and communicate the Cadre mission
- Develop clear external communications strategy and channels to effectively deliver and amplify our message to target audiences.
- Work with corporate venture capital firms, special advisors to the company (nationally and globally) to extend Cadre message to as many endpoints (recruiting / personnel and users) as possible
- Develop scalable philanthropic plan and initiatives - resource accordingly (budget to be planned with CEO)
- Work with Cadre’s marketing team to ensure PR and corporate communications sync with marketing communications plan and goals
- Develop media relations strategy in conjunction with our PR agency, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Drive and manage Public Relations agency with respect to all public relations activities
- Launch social media strategy to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests; speak at company events to relevant audiences
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and leverage relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
What You Have
- 4-6 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and
negotiating with media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional oral and written communications