Director of Communications
Greater NYC Area
Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Precious Metals: Based in London, our precious metals team works on a broad suite of products to simplify precious metals post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year.
We are looking for a Director of Communications to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Director of Communications will be a key player in building and managing our internal and external communication strategy. This is a role that affects not only product/business brand but our employer brand and our culture within the organization as well. Since this is a high-growth tech company that is solving a very unique and challenging problem for the global financial ecosystem, the role inherently offers an opportunity to not just handcraft our message, but also to influence our product development and impact on the world.
Who You Are:
- You have approximately 7-12 years of combined marketing, communications, and/or public relations experience
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to learn highly technical and complex concepts and to communicate them simply
- You have an understanding of communication strategies and tactics for enterprise technology companies
- You are a strategic thinker and are great at adapting to changing priorities and demands
- You are a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- You feel comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced start-up environment with the ability to coordinate across various stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, HR, etc.)
- You embody our culture and values
What you’ll do:
- You’ll design, implement and oversee a comprehensive communications strategy that drives the growth outcomes of both our itBit and Paxos businesses
- You’ll create strong relationships with external parties such as press, analysts, industry groups and other stakeholders that facilitate our story to be communicated to our target audiences
- You’ll identify and manage external resources such as communication agencies and content developers to align with our company and communication goals
- You’ll partner with the People team and key executives to build and execute a powerful employer brand that attracts the best in class talent
- You’ll build a framework of internal communications that creates both efficiency and clarity among team members across different departments and geographies
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Read Full Job Description