Director of Community
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The Skimm’bassador team at theSkimm is a group of creative, collaborative, and fast-moving thinkers who are constantly finding new ways to evolve and scale theSkimm’s most strategic asset - our community. Initially reporting to theSkimm’s Chieg Product Officer, you’ll lead a small internal team responsible for taking an engaged community and grow, productize, and monetize this unique program as we evolve it into a cornerstone of theSkimm’s membership.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Align and organize Community engagement as an integral strategy to drive business goals
- Own the health of the Skimm'bassador program and pilot growth and engagement roadmaps.
- Evolve the Skimm’bassador program as a product as we position it in the context of a membership. Work closely with product, design, engineering, and marketing teams to develop a cohesive experience that fits with and integrates into our product offerings.
- Identify, create, and execute monetization streams around the Skimm'bassador program, working cross-functionally with the sales and marketing teams.
- Manage theSkimm's community team
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience building and scaling a community or membership program
- Ability to manage, retain, and lead a team that contributes to all facets of a successful program
- User-centric approach to all community program and product development
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally across all teams
- Ability to think on your feet and move quickly in a fast-faced environment
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products and a strong understanding of our target demo
- Experience working in subscription-based membership programs
- Strategic mindset and understanding of how community impacts business strategy
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.