Director, Corporate & Executive Communications at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for an established corporate communications leader who is looking for a new challenge leading corporate and executive communications. Working closely with the Head of Communications, this person will build out the strategy for external comms and media engagement across Cityblock, working to develop our key narratives for 2022 to meet our business goals.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism or PR preferred)
- 7+ years working in the industry - either inhouse communications/PR or agency
- Must have a passion for telling important, mission-driven stories with a “people-first” focus
How We Define Success:
- Build out external communications strategy around proactive news to land media coverage mapping to our key narratives
- Streamline our crisis communications management
- Lead on some financial communications and business strategy work
- Lead on strategy for executive thought leadership and speaking opportunities e.g. calendar, media training, build out speaking bench
- Build key influencer, third-party validators
- Strategically manage existing media relationships, building new ones and thinking creatively about how to engage key outlets
- Own internal policies and protocols for external comms
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working in healthcare or tech is a plus
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.