Director of Growth Marketing (NewCo) at Harry's
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role
The Director of Growth Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help build and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap and through constant testing. This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with Digital Product, Marketing and Creative teams to identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth. Additionally, you will own setting key performance targets (CAC, CPA, Retention, LTV), forecasting and reporting on results.
This is a unique opportunity to not only join a company at the earliest stages but one that has been vetted and incubated by one of the most successful companies in the DTC space. Since the team will be small initially, you must be both a strategic leader and someone that loves to get their hands dirty. This role will report to the CEO.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing.
- Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels).
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, and a highly organized “doer,” with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action.
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Proven ability to leverage multiple data sources to develop hypotheses and execute rapid test and learn strategies.
- Deep expertise of ad/web/email reporting and analytics platforms, such as Google AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.).
- Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs and multiple attribution models.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative/brand marketing and product management teams.
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience in growth-stage company highly preferred.
What you will accomplish:
- Own growth marketing strategy and inform our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention.
- Develop a go-to-market plan for business launch, including budget, forecast, efficiency targets, and channel and partner selection.
- Build dashboards for measuring and sharing results on business-critical KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Select and set up publisher and agency partner relationships for launch and beyond.
- Plan, execute and lead paid campaigns across online and offline channels, including Paid Social, SEM, Display, etc.
- Post-launch, design and implement optimization tests across our end-to-end customer funnel (from acquisition through lifecycle retention).
- Develop and drive lifecycle retention program, including transactional messaging, trigger programs and large-scale campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (product, creative) to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, and reporting needed to manage programs at launch and beyond.
- Own management and results of ad channels post-launch, including budgeting, reporting, and efficiency optimization.
- Collaborate with functional partners to forecast and plan company revenue growth.
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals to manage marketing channels.
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early-stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.