ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, and creative thinkers who drive growth and engagement across all TheSkimm’s platforms and products. The Director of Growth Marketing will help drive and oversee our audience acquisition strategies across paid and unpaid tactics.
The Director of Growth Marketing will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, and an integral part of the broader marketing team encompassing Growth and Brand. We’re looking for a talented growth marketer who has a proven track record of driving sustainable growth for digital platforms and properties. You will be responsible for driving audience growth strategy and managing a small but mighty team of growth marketing specialists who lead paid acquisition and audience development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a fantastic people manager, and an excellent cross-functional collaborator who is excited to bring TheSkimm’s growth to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Partner closely with VP, Growth Marketing in the development, execution, and evolution of the audience growth tactics, inclusive of management and implementation of the paid media budget, forecasting, channel/vendor testing strategies, creative/messaging development, and performance benchmarks.
- Lead strategy and exploration into new acquisition verticals and tactics, inclusive of execution as needed.
- Collaborate closely with Lifecycle/Retention teams on collaborative program strategies that drive product adoption and user referrals.
- Work closely with our Audience Development Manager, help craft and further define an audience-first strategy to identify and establish sustainable, ongoing relationships with audience partners/platforms to hit our growth goals.
- Work closely with our Performance Marketing Manager, help drive vendor onboarding, creative testing and other optimizations (online and offline).
- Collaborate with the broader team and stakeholders to drive new diverse audiences to theSkimm properties.
- Work closely with direct reports to develop and refine creative and messaging that best articulates product value.
- Support client activation and campaign delivery with the Sales team. Work with the broader marketing team to develop consumer marketing goals for brand campaigns as needed.
- Actively contribute to the professional development of an ambitious, smart, and nimble team.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 7+ years progressive experience in growth marketing functions with a proven track record of driving growth in a digital media and/or digital-first DTC brand/company.
- 2+ years people management experience
- Hand-on experience managing and optimizing campaigns in-platform.
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Looker other industry-standard analytics tools.
- Strong eye for compelling and resonant creative and messaging for acquisition.
- Experience with audience growth partnerships, affiliates, distribution platforms, and/or other referral-based marketing relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and provide action-oriented insights.
- Strong experience partnering with technology and analytics teams.
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!