Director, Internal Communications at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced communications leader with a passion for developing and delivering thoughtful and innovative communications strategies that educate, inspire, and engage employees at a global level. You have experience with diversity, equity and inclusion communication strategies, and utilizing newer communication channels, tools and technologies that effectively reach a variety of audiences. You aren't afraid to try something new and champion impactful initiatives.
You're a strategic partner and a thought leader to executive teams and senior leadership. You have experience designing and executing clear and consistent communications plans that align with your company's overall business strategy, brand, and mission.
As our Director of Internal Communications, you'll report to the Chief People Officer and will be responsible for global internal communications. Along the way, you'll also work to align Dataminr's employer brand to our overall internal communications program. You can't wait to make an impact at a fast-paced, mission-driven organization like Dataminr.
- Grow and execute an internal communications program that leverages a variety of internal communications channels and best practices
- Partner with the executive team and senior leadership to manage and execute complex organizational and change communications for large-scale, global, strategic initiatives
- Serve as a communications thought leader across various businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content and facilitate company-wide roll-outs
- Advise, write, and/or edit internal communications on behalf of leadership focused on company goals and overall strategy
- Deliver communications to employees through a range of global digital platforms and face-to-face channels (e.g. regular Town Hall meetings, fireside chats, internal podcasts, and more!)
- Ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency of communications, reflecting messaging, wider company objectives and issues/change/crisis management
- Align Dataminr's employer brand to overall internal communications strategy, leveraging content as appropriate and advising on best practices
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of communication efforts to continuously improve internal communications program
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in internal communications across various disciplines, including organizational, change, and executive communications
- Previous in-house experience within high-growth environments strongly preferred
- Proven success creating communications programs from scratch
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to connect with a diverse audience
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working cross-functionally with executive and leadership teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and editing skills
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.