Director, Marketing Communications at Shapeways
Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million businesses. And we’re just getting started.
Why is the Director, Marketing Communications important to us?
As we are expanding from being the most known D2C additive manufacturing marketplace in the world to being THE leader in additive manufacturing for B2B, we are looking for an experienced Director, Marketing Communication that would help us forge our path through this change. Reporting directly to our CRO, the Director of Marketing Communication will lead all communication channels; internal and external, and will be responsible for Shapeways’ voice in the market. As you can imagine, it’s a crucial role for us!
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and intelligent leader; team player that thrives in a fast-paced, innovative working environment. While we value anyone with passion and talent for marketing, for this specific role we are looking for candidates with a track record in building and scaling communications strategies- content marketing, PR, product marketing, and events in the B2B arena.
As we enter the next era of Shapeways, this is an amazing time to join our team and be part of building our path to success.
As the Director, Marketing Communications you will:
- Own building out and executing on our GTM strategies for Branding, Content, Social, Events, PR, and Product Marketing
- Manage and grow a lean team of marketers and be responsible for their personal and professional growth
- Research, recruit and manage a new PR Agency
- Maintains the company’s annual marketing and events calendar
- Be responsible for the Shapeways website, layout, content, and design
- Work cross-functionally with our Leadership, Product, and Sales teams
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of implemented communication strategies
- Travel ~ 10% globally
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 10+ years in global marketing communication roles, of which, 5+ years in a B2B company is a must
- A natural leader, motivator, and overall team player
- Lead or have had a significant role in a rebranding process
- A proven track record in creating content marketing GTM strategies and leading PR efforts; both internally and through external agencies
- Proven experience leading product marketing and sales enablement
- Lead and grow a lean team across marketing communication; Content marketing, PR, Social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- If you are coming from the additive manufacturing space that would be great, but we welcome anyone with relevant B2B experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapid growth start-up. This means we work in an organized chaos environment
- Advanced knowledge of email marketing tools, content management systems, Google Analytics
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress. Also, this year we piloted Summer Fridays in HQ!
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy products on our marketplace.