Director, Marketing Mix & Portfolio Optimization at Peloton
The Marketing Analytics team at Peloton is a full-stack team responsible for data, analytics, and predictive modeling to accelerate and optimize connected fitness membership growth across all marketing channels. The team consists of 3 functional areas: Analytics Engineering, Marketing Science, and Product Marketing Analytics.
Peloton is looking for a talented individual to build and lead our newly formed sub-function within Marketing Science: Portfolio Optimization. This team will be responsible for cross-channel and portfolio-level advanced analytics, and will build and improve our advanced analytics capabilities like media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, cross-product media measurement, and cross-sell/upsell forecasting & optimization.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with world class quantitative skills, with experience in leading and applying multivariate modeling and disciplined analytics to drive marketing effectiveness.
- Build out advanced statistical modeling and machine learning capabilities across a variety of marketing applications
- Lead discussions with technical and business stakeholders to align on underlying business problems/questions, application of specific statistical/ML models, and data/results interpretation
- Combine advanced modeling with business context to provide actionable recommendations on optimal business and channel mix allocation for a $100M+ global media budget
- Lead deep dives on macro business drivers based on first- and third-party data to synthesize insights and understand underlying root cause (e.g. is it causation vs. correlation)
- Own our relationship with external modeling partners, and dive deep into underlying methodologies, results, and business implications
- Evolve internal multi-touch attribution methodologies and capabilities to enable optimal real-time marketing decisions
- Develop and operationalize predictive models to improve cross-sell (e.g. Bike to Tread) and upsell (e.g. Bike to Bike+). You will also validate models and business impact through rigorous testing
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing data science and/or product analytics
- 3-5 years of experience building and leading top-performing teams in a people management capacity
- Deep experience with media mix modeling and other advanced analytical techniques (e.g. multivariate regression analysis, predictive modeling, logistic regression, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, casual impact, stochastic modeling, Markov chains)
- Fluency in Python (strongly preferred), R, SAS, SPSS, or other advanced statistical packages
- Highly proficient in SQL, with the ability to write complex and nuanced data extraction/cleaning against new or unfamiliar data sets
- Experience with scientific computing and analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr, or ggplot2
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2
- Proactive, thoughtful, and highly organized self-starter; thrives in ambiguity and solving open-ended problems without a clear right answer
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization. Also needs to be able to distill technical or complex matters into clear and concise explanations to senior leaders and less technical stakeholders
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.