Director, Media Relations & Content Marketing
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
As the Director, Media Relations & Content Marketing, you will be responsible for Dataminr’s external media relations as well as our content marketing program. As an experienced individual contributor reporting to the VP, Product & Integrated Marketing, you will shepherd and nurture the Dataminr story through your developing relationships with national and local media as well as via the development of original content. You will identify new and emerging opportunities to enhance Dataminr’s visibility through earned media as well as oversee the strategic direction and project management aspect of the rapidly-growing Dataminr content marketing engine.
You have proven and deep understanding and experience in media strategy at a national and global level within a SaaS B2B enterprise or public relations agency environment. You also have a firm grip on how to manage a healthy content marketing ecosystem.
You are a highly organized and hard-working individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment where collaboration across teams is crucial to success. You have a 'roll up the sleeves' attitude complemented by excellent communications skills. You have a proven track record in project management, day-to-day operations and multi-tasking.
PR & Communications
- Managing relationship with external PR agency
- Maintaining solid media contacts at the local and national level, identifying and seeking out additional reporter contacts valuable to Dataminr and developing them across traditional/new media platforms
- Developing and executing PR strategies focused on Dataminr’s business objectives and public positioning goals, including launching key content to the media, working with Dataminr representatives on scheduling and preparing for media interviews, raising Dataminr’s profile at sponsored events, enhancing digital media profiles for Firm leaders, responding to unsolicited incoming media requests, and other crisis communications
- Exhibiting results that exemplify knowledge of the business, professional judgment and decision-making that promotes and protects the Dataminr brand externally
- Work directly with reporters and online influencers to help develop relationships between those and Dataminr leadership
- Perform as a skilled verbal communicator, writer, and strategist, understands the tactics of the PR business (i.e. content development, pitches, interviews, social media) and also has the experience to know when and how to apply them, depending on the need or situation
- Establish ‘connective tissue’ between original content Dataminr creates - as well as outside content that supports Dataminr’s value proposition - with PR strategies and tactics, marketing campaigns and advertising programs
- Drive project management and efficient processes around the creation of content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, blog posts, etc.)
- Help grow Dataminr’s prospect base base by partnering with marketing peers to develop regular, helpful content that’s tailored to prospect’s needs
- Collaborate with designers, product and vertical marketing, sales, and management to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and Dataminr’s audience
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in; this role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every day
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations and/or Communications or related field
- 7+ years relevant experience in PR and/or Content Marketing role
- Experience developing, executing, and measuring programs for B2B audiences
- Experience in working directly with and supporting a sales team
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented and deadline-driven
- Agile and flexible
- Able to prioritize competing projects
- Not afraid to ask questions
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.