SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products. Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021,
SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset is looking for a numbers-driven Email Acquisition Specialist to help execute direct response, lead generating sponsored email initiatives across the web. The goal is simple: drive revenue by finding audiences that fit our key user profiles and serve the right creative through paid media buys in other brands’ emails.
The right candidate is obsessed with prospecting new opportunities, testing creative, and meeting aggressive revenue targets. You’re able to model, negotiate rates, and generate ad creative -- from copy to art direction to developing landing pages. You wake up every day excited to grow your portfolio and meet the challenge of reaching the next goal.
An ideal candidate has experience in direct response marketing, is highly analytical, and committed to making data-driven decisions. You'll bring experience in executing paid media campaigns from start to finish, and have optimized them, too.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new potential opportunities for testing paid media buys.
- Conduct outreach to learn Reach, Rate, and other information to inform a financial model.
- Model each opportunity and prioritize based on potential performance.
- Determine appropriate test size, length of time, and rate; execute publisher IOs.
- Generate and deliver creative to publishers.
- Analyze performance, test different hypotheses where possible, and report on performance.
- Continue to maintain and optimize core portfolio of ad buys, adding opportunities to “core portfolio” as they become reliable sources of revenue.
- Manage projections of sponsored email portfolio on a weekly and monthly basis.
- 1-2 years experience in paid acquisition marketing.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to derive insights to inform program decisions.
- Strong communication skills to engage potential partners as well as drive the programs with existing partners.
- Proficient with a variety of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel or equivalent.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and execute responsibilities at a high level.
- Results-focused ‘doer’ that wants to make a big impact on a rapidly growing business.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave