Email Marketing Associate at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States and receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
Common is looking for an enthusiastic Email Marketing Associate who will work closely with the Marketing team to execute and manage our email marketing efforts, including but not limited to list segmentation, email calendar planning, targeting, content creation and optimization, A/B testing, coding, and deployment. The ideal candidate is a performance-driven individual who demonstrates a blend of creative and analytical thought processes, as you will be responsible for the execution and analysis of our email marketing initiatives.
Working with and reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will support acquisition efforts, increase brand awareness, drive sales, and ultimately generate new business leads. This is an entry level marketing position that offers exposure to multifaceted areas of digital marketing with a focus on email marketing. This role has immense opportunities for growth and high impact on the business. An ideal candidate is a tech-savvy, coachable individual that is passionate about mastering new technology and displays a deep bias for action and execution.
- Manage all ongoing email marketing campaigns using Salesforce and Pardot
- Execute new ideas and strategies for drip campaigns, triggered emails, promotional emails, and transactional emails
- Develop and support email content planning and creation, list segmentation, and deployment
- Analyze campaign performance to deliver continuous improvements to our email program and maximize engagement and conversions
- Develop roadmap for A/B testing, monitor performance, and share reports that highlight key learnings
- Collaborate with internal teams to build efficient processes that scale with the company’s fast-paced growth, automating and troubleshooting when necessary
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, growth, advertising, or relevant fields (internships included)
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google suite (in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents)
- Experience working with various ESPs (i.e. Pardot, Mailchimp, Braze) along with HTML/CSS knowledge
- Deep penchant for technology, systems, and software with a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent quantitative skills and analytical reasoning; familiarity with web analytics and data visualization tools (preferred)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring quality and accuracy in everything that’s produced
- High level of reliability, organization, and follow-through
- Ability to be resourceful and leverage existing tools and processes to produce maximal results
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.