For the 57 million freelancers (36% of the US workforce), the administrative burden of self-employment is a full-time job that doesn't pay. Wingspan is developing the first one-stop shop for knowledge-based freelancers that streamlines income, benefits, and taxes -- think Justworks for freelancers. We've assembled a world-class team that has the HR, technology, and insurance expertise to execute this vision and build Wingspan into a big business with significant impact.The Role
We are seeking a freelance social media manager to continue to develop Wingspan’s social presence and community building initiatives. Your primary focus would be on Instagram, while you would be encouraged to support content on all our owned channels including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Medium.
You will hit the ground running by using Wingspan’s social strategy and brand voice. You’ll work closely with both Wingspan’s Brand Marketing Lead and CEO. In this role, you will also be encouraged to propose new content ideas that fit Wingspan’s brand and membership needs.Your Contribution
- Build Wingspan’s brand and community through snackable, short-form, social posts and storytelling
- Provide fresh, on brand creative content on a consistent basis
- Manage and oversee Wingspan’s social presence
- Drive positive brand conversations through responsible, timely and respectful community management
- Proactively monitor brand topics / news stories and provide suggestions for timely content and conversations
- Elevate customer feedback that comes through social channels to the rest of the Wingspan team
The ideal candidate is a strong creative writer, excellent communicator, and extremely customer focused. You get excited interacting with members and our broader audience, and will be comfortable being Wingspan’s customer advocate in social channels. You’re excited by the idea of building snackable social content that resonates with the growing independent workforce.
- Experience managing social channels for a fast-paced startup or agency environment
- Experience writing social posts and making social stories for a fast-paced startup or agency environment
- Ability to assume a brand voice and create content based on a strategy
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project stakeholders and timelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to our business objectives
- Meets deadlines and is detail oriented
- Specific knowledge of best practices for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are a plus
- Experience tapping into influencer networks to expand reach
- Passionate about the growing independent workforce
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our values guide why and how we do what we do (see below). We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
We are focused on serving the evolving needs of our members. This means building new products and services that actually help our members work the way they want to live.
We challenge the prevailing assumption that choosing to work for yourself means living with uncertainty and chaos. Wingspan strives to provide freelancers with confidence, stability and flexibility through a transformative experience that surprises and delights.
We believe the old paradigm of work has not kept up with the needs of the growing independent workforce. We designed Wingspan to be the modern essentials (everything) our members need, all in one place.
We are stronger together. With the shared experience of working independently, we understand the value in building a common community that can advocate, connect, and support one another.
We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides. Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to reimagine the future of work and money!