Growth Marketing Lead
Do you pride yourself on your empathetic approach to understanding consumer behavior? Are you insatiably curious, fearlessly creative, and known for your great intuition? Do you have a knack for understanding and interpreting data? If so, we want you on our team!
Updater is building a platform to enable companies (think insurance and cable companies) to engage relocating consumers ("movers") several weeks before they move. This marketing opportunity is uniquely valuable because movers represent both a churn risk and new customer acquisition opportunity for these companies. Therefore, the Updater platform represents a huge opportunity for marketers to target the right consumers at the right time.
Updater is looking for a Growth Marketing Lead to lead strategy and execution of our user engagement touchpoints. These touchpoints will have a material impact on our bottom line as we launch new features and maximize user interaction with them. This person will understand the conversion funnel from top to bottom but will be focused on the business performance of users from the middle to end of the funnel. This critical role will improve the performance of our existing touchpoints and create new ways to drive engagement with business critical product features.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use strategy and creative thinking to build a product that's never existed before
- In the near term, maximize user conversion throughout our onboarding funnel - from when a user receives an invite to use Updater for their move to engaging them in steps on our dashboard
- Own and run our consumer marketing/email technology system
- Longer term, drive engagement with new revenue-driving features - owning strategy, execution, and results by leveraging existing channels (email) and establishing new ones (SMS)
How You'll Do It
- Autonomously lead our product engagement efforts, both strategically and creatively
- Set a new engagement strategy based on current business goals
- Provide thought leadership for product marketing technologies
- Bring creativity and out of the box thinking to an emerging business
- Work across company verticals to create and maintain a cohesive user experience
- Move users from mid-funnel through multiple business critical conversion points
- Execute and optimize product engagement touchpoints for both B2C and B2B products
- Run existing toolkit and optimize in near term
- Define and drive KPIs for product engagement
- Create launch and test plans for engagement touchpoints
- Push engagement metrics from acquired users
- Actively measure and report on performance of ongoing engagement touchpoints
What We Expect From You
- Experience owning strategy as well as the drive to handle the execution behind it
- A deep knowledge of email marketing and marketing technology platforms (we’re on Iterable, so if you have experience with this, that’s a plus!)
- Comfort with building bulletproof HTML email from scratch
- The ability to prioritize and protect the user experience
- Experience in running surveys and customer feedback with a user base of > 500k B2C users
- A proven success record executing engagement programs at scale
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Experience working with engineers to define data and events structure for performance measurement
Tools You Know How to Use
- Analytics tools (Mixpanel, Domo), creative development tools (Photoshop, Sketch), Excel, Google Sheets
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit www.updater.com
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.