Hello, we're Updater
If you've moved recently, you're all too familiar with the pure pain! We make the process of moving from one home to another easier for the 45 million Americans that relocate every year. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities and digital services, reserve trustworthy moving companies, update accounts, forward mail, and much more.
Why Work with Us?
Companies are only as good as their people and at Updater, our people are exceptional. Exceptional friends to each other. Exceptional problem solvers. Exceptional trailblazers. Exceptionally selfless. Exceptional owners of their work. Our people advocate for one another, drive each other’s curiosities, and sustain each other’s enthusiasm daily.
An Insider's view of Updater
What's something quirky about your company?
We love onesies and the Backstreet Boys!
What's the biggest problem your team is solving?
Lack of squeaky toys. Definitely need more squeaky toys.
What does career growth look like on your team?
Employees participate in professional development programs including DiSC exercises and individualized growth plans that focus on goals, initiative, expertise, and teamwork (GIFT).
What unique initiatives do you have that encourage innovation?
One of my jobs is to leverage technology through the entire company. Our philosophy is to scale through technology vs. throwing bodies at the problem.
What makes someone successful on your team?
For engineers, come ready to explain what the problems your proposed solution fixes. Be really pragmatic about what it is that you’re trying to contribute.
Director of Services Engineering
Where we are
Union Square is the core neighborhood for tech in New York City. We love that it's a transportation hub and filled with delicious lunch options!
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Paid Volunteer Time
Job Training & Conferences
- Of all the wonderful things in my life that happened because of Updater, the greatest are the lifelong friendships I've made. These people are simply the best.JennaHead of Marketing
- Being surrounded by talented, kind people inspires me to do better and makes coming to work everyday something to look forward to. No Sunday scaries here.PatrickSuccess Manager
- One of my favorite Updater moments was when I learned everyone secretly sang “Changes” by David Bowie behind my back to learn how to properly pronounce my name. It worked well!ChandraCustomer Experience Manager
- Updater is the perfect mix of both a challenging and fun environment. Everyone is passionate about what they do and really excited to build a great company.AnkitDirector of API
- I love working at Updater because I find myself learning from the team every single day.JustinDeveloper
- The people at Updater are amazing. We all motivate each other, but no one takes themselves too seriously. It's an amazing group of people, and we really are a big family here.MichaelTech and Sales Operations
- Besides being part of a tight-knit group, being on a small team means you have more of a voice than you do on larger teams, which is great when it comes to sharing and developing ideas.PatrickLead Engineer
- We solve real problems for real people.GretchenSenior Product Manager
- Each one of us can have a separate R&D project that we're really passionate about, and – in our own way – contribute to the product.DineshSenior Services Engineer
- I've been with Updater for over 3 years now, and I can honestly say that I've never not wanted to come to work.AmandaSenior Marketing Manager
- The more I dug into Updater, the more I liked what I discovered.KirkSenior Services Engineer
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Web ComponentsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Pivotal TrackerManagement
- MarketoLead Gen
Articles we're in26 articles
Our funding history
$8M in FundingInvestors: SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures and Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS®)
$20M in Funding
$23M in FundingInvestors: Fidelity International, Thorney Investment
$45M in Funding