Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.About the Role
Riskified is looking for an experienced and dynamic leader to create, execute and drive our communications programs in order to build our brand, tell our narrative and raise awareness on a global basis. Successful candidates will be experienced at creating compelling stories and having the media carry and repeat them.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, creative, strategic and able to understand the impact of developing a purposeful brand and good storytelling. In a complex, diverse and competitive market, this leader will know how to ensure that our narrative is differentiated and told consistently and repeatedly. They will be experienced at generating substantial media coverage in relevant publications, especially in the North American market, and helping Riskified position itself as a thought leader.What You'll Be Doing
- Own and develop the company's corporate narrative, brand and story
- Manage the company’s external communications strategy, plan and calendar
- Work with PR agencies (and directly with media) to generate meaningful press coverage of company and story
- Train all stakeholders within the company on an ongoing basis to ensure that all external and internal communications are consistent with the corporate narrative
- Develop strategies to measurably improve aided and unaided brand awareness within our target markets.
- Develop a KPI framework to measure success
- Secure unpaid speaking opportunities for the company's executive team
- Provide coaching and speaker training on executive level
- Manage and drive agencies to produce high quality coverage
- Work with product marketing to own relations with top industry analyst firms like Gartner, IDC and Forrester and elevate Riskified’s market leadership in the industry
- Manage a global team of PR and communications professionals
- Use social media to help build our brand and drive engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of marketing experience in driving B2B communications in the technology industry at a fast growing company
- A minimum of 5 years of team leadership
- Experience working both in-house and at an agency
- Experience launching and developing brands in new markets
- Experience working with both public and private companies
- Possess crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills
- Strong orientation to getting things done and out the door
- Excellence at getting customers as narrators for stories
- Experience using employees as a communications force multiplier
- Full proficiency at all forms of social media
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
Calcalist: Riskified is the Most Promising Startup
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.