Head of Marketing, Community Oncology (Senior Director/VP)
We're looking for a Marketing leader to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll lead the Flatiron HealthCare (HC) Marketing team to communicate and connect with practices in our Oncology practice network, driving the retention, satisfaction and growth of our customers. You’ll own telling Flatiron’s story to our practice partners, running high-impact conferences and virtual events, and working cross-functionally at Flatiron to bring new products and services to market. In addition, you'll also:
- Grow our level of partnership and trust with our practices as we showcase the products and services that enable a better patient experience, healthier practices and smarter research
- Define and measure the impact of key connection points with our customers, including our annual conference, OncoCloud, summits with our strategic customers and quarterly product roadmap presentations
- Build our thought leadership in community oncology, creating engaging content that features the innovation and impact of our customers and our own teams
- Define the strategy for launching new products and services to our market, including purpose, positioning, pricing and target market, and collaborate with our Product and Operations team on strategy and approach
- Continue to refine and refresh our message and brand, and infuse all Marketing activities with a clear and compelling narrative that shows how Flatiron enables practices to be successful in the dynamic oncology marketplace
In this role, you will work closely and cross-functionally with the Product Management, Sales, Customer Success, Operations and Clinical teams to drive value for our customers and business, and build strong and thriving relationships in our marketplace. This position reports to the VP of Customer Success & Marketing.
Who You Are
You're a Marketing expert with 10+ years of experience leading a team to tell a clear and compelling corporate story, and retain and grow your customer base. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have led a team of 10+ people previously, and have successfully empowered and inspired managers reporting to you to create a high-performing, diverse and sustainable team
- You and your team have created impactful content in areas of interest to your customers, showcasing the thought leadership and innovation that makes customers choose your company as their partner
- You have led marketing launches of products to market, including aligning on the purpose of the product, and defining the positioning, pricing and target market
- You are a clear and compelling storyteller, and you are able to distill the core of why customers should work with your company, and incorporate this into a broader marketing strategy
- You are a problem-solver, and you can break down complex challenges into solvable parts and recommend compelling solutions
- You are exceptionally organized and reliable, and you inspire and motivate high quality delivery, collaboration and performance from those around you
- You build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and disciplines
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have run successful large events before (mix of in-person and virtual events a plus) including corporate conferences and meetings, and you have successfully managed a large budget, negotiated vendor contracts and delivered measurable impact through these events
- You have worked with oncology or healthcare practices before
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.