Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!The Role
We are looking for a Head of Marketing Operations to join the Marketing team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will build out and lead marketing operations as we scale the business through rapid growth. You will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to identify and manage strategic initiatives and streamline campaign and program execution both within the Marketing team and across the company. This is a unique opportunity to partner closely with go-to-market leadership across a high-profile, growing company to identify, plan, and implement processes and behaviors that maximize organization efficiency and increase the impact of our marketing activities on business outcomes.You Will
- Partner with the CMO and other marketing leaders to define, manage, and help execute strategic initiatives that support the company’s growth.
- Establish and develop program and project management skills and capabilities that will allow marketing to best support a fast-growing company. This will include driving the development of processes, systems, and infrastructure that enable Marketing efforts to scale.
- Develop new capabilities to track and measure the ROI of marketing programs
- Lead annual and quarterly planning processes (in coordination with marketing leadership), that establish goals, prioritize investments, and identify and scope integrated campaigns.
- Manage the executive-level reporting for Marketing, creating dashboards and presentations that will be used for board and executive meetings.
- Establish a calendar of deliverables and milestones throughout the fiscal year and ensure stakeholder accountability with monthly and quarterly reviews and checkpoints.
- Help communicate priorities, activities, and results company-wide, maintaining a healthy feedback loop on organizational needs.
In your first 30 days, you will get up to speed on Cockroach Labs and its culture, building the relationships you need to develop cross-organization influence. You will start to understand the core marketing goals and processes we have in place, as well as the context behind them.
In 60 days you will develop an understanding of how marketing at Cockroach Labs works today, working with marketing leadership to identify and understand gaps and potential risks.
Within 90 days, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will own the major Marketing processes while working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop actionable plans on areas where we can improve alignment and efficiency.You Have
- 8-12 years of experience in marketing, working in project management, operations, or similar role.
- Passion for marketing and technology businesses.
- Strong program management capabilities with history designing and implementing large strategic initiatives, with an ability to juggle multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity and the ability to make the most of available resources.
- Clear understanding of multiple disciplines within marketing: e.g., communications, field and regional marketing, product marketing, community development, customer advocacy, demand generation, and partner marketing.
- Comfort using quantitative and qualitative data to identify themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways to cross-functional teams to inform the direction of the product.
- A track record of leadership and broad organizational impact.
Reporting to Peter Guagenti, Chief Marketing Officer
Born and raised in New York, Peter has spent the last 20+ years in the Bay Area and has spent his entire adult life working in technology. He started as a founder of his own digital agency in the mid-90's, progressing to senior roles in consulting and agencies, before moving on to help build multiple successful open source enterprise software companies. He is passionate about building businesses, helping others create amazing things with technology, and having whatever positive impact he can on the world.
When he is not at work, you can usually find him out hiking with his two daughters or traveling the world with his partner. He is also a car nut and avid racer and has competed in and won numerous road racing and rallying events across North America.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].